Best Pet Insurance Companies of April 2021
BY NOEL DÁVILA AND PAUL REYNOLDS
Pet insurance helps pay for your pet’s medical care, with many policies covering up to 90 percent of your vet bill — assuming your pet’s procedure wasn’t excluded from coverage or didn’t surpass your annual expense cap.
Most leading pet insurance companies give pet owners comprehensive coverage at an affordable monthly premium. Yet a study we conducted in March 2021 found that only 25% of pet owners have pet insurance. Shop around, do the research, and then make a well-informed decision about the insurance that is best suited to care for your pet and your pocket.
Money’s Top Picks for Best Pet Insurance of 2021
- Healthy Paws – Best Overall Value
- ASPCA – Best Budget Coverage
- Figo – Best 100% Coverage
- Pets Best – Best for Competitive Pricing
- Petplan – Best Early Coverage
- Trupanion – Best for Hereditary Conditions
- Embrace – Best for Dental Illnesses
- Nationwide – Best for Exotic Animals
- PetFirst – Best Preventative Care
- TrustedPals – Best Customizability